>A friend forwarded me this 2010 Handbook right before the New Year and I thought that it had some pretty interesting things to get me thinking about what twentyten will have in store…I threw in whatever popped into my head when I read them.
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants…
4. Live with the 3 E’s — Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy.
5. Pray more often.
6. Play more games.
7. Read more books than you did in 2009.
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12 Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake.
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
18. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24.. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree…..
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29.. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up..
37. The best is yet to come.
38. When you awake alive in the morning, be thankful for it.
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
Last but not the least:
40. Appreciate all that is in your life, and tell everyone that you should, that you love them.
[My] Words of Wisdom addition:
I’m going to try and stick with a healthy appetite of veggies and fruits and oatmeal and whole grains. I think that the amount I have learned about diet and nutrition this year surpasses anything that I have known the past 10! I’m going to keep reading and learning about what I am putting into my body and get to know my body better so that I can better serve it! Oh, and I definitely want to play more games 🙂
My favorite point was to make peace with the past so it won’t spoil the present. Alot of things have happened in 2009 that I may not be happiest with, but I definitely learn from my mistakes and 2010 is a clean slate! And I like to day dream so that’s gonna continue – everyone has to have their own fantasy world to live in!
Forgive forgive forgive. Life is too short to hold grudges. However, don’t keep people around who don’t benefit you in a positive way. It’s okay to be a little selfish 😉 And call your family!! At least they’ll always forgive you too..
Life: the best is definitely yet to come 😉
Happy 2010 everyone! Cheers!