It’s officially December.
It’s 5:30 pm and I’m in my pajamas. On a Friday. Blogging and sipping wine. Starring at a faux xmas tree in a box. Sheesh I hope this isn’t a foreshadow into the next 30 days…
But enough about christmas (what! nooo!) this post is about the Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap that I signed up for in November.
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1 t Baking soda
- 1 C shortening (you can try substituting butter if you’d like)
- 1 C granulated sugar
- 1 C brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- 2 T water
- 1.5 C old fashioned oatmeal
- 1.5 C flour
- 1 6 oz package of raisins (you could also use chocolate chips)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Combine salt, baking soda, shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and water into a mixing bowl.
3. When everything is mixed well, stir in the oatmeal, flour and raisins or chocolate chips.
4. Use a Tablespoon or an ice cream scooper and scoop out dough onto a well greased pan. make sure they are spaced out as these will spread.
5. Bake 7-10 minutes. They’ll look like they aren’t done, but when they’ll cool, they will be soft.
NOTE: you could try refrigerating the dough before baking as well to try and make the cookies a little less then. I happen to like them lace-like.
Hope you enjoy them!!