Yesterday was full of a little of this
Alot of this,
ten minutes of this
and a night of this
But this isn’t yesterday, it’s today. Saturday. And Saturday, has been pretty relaxing so far. I hit up a Yoga to the People class at noon that was crazy hard. Thighs = burning. One mantra that the instructor said during the class was that “Big moments happen every day. This [pose] could be a big moment. Use your breath to get through it and it will help you prepare for the big moments that happen outside these walls”.
I walked through the Union Square Farmers Market on the way home and ran into this gorgeous man. Big moments ladies and gentlemen.
Spicy Roasted Apples with Almonds
- 1/2 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 large golden delicious apples, peeled, cored, and sliced in 8ths
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Toast the nuts in a medium, heavy bottomed skilled over medium- high heat, 3-4 minutes (nuts should be fragrant). Remove and set aside to cool. Whip down skillet.
2. In same skillet, combine honey, cinnamon, nutmeg with 1/4 C water. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the honey dissolves and the mixture bubbles.
3. Add apples to pan and stir to coat in the honey mixture. Cook, turning often, 8-10 minutes or until apples are tender. Spoon into serving bowls and drizzle with syrup. Top with tblspn of yogurt and sprinkle with toasted almonds.
Perfect for snack time!